Secular Meditation Group
Host Schedule, July 2020
Tuesdays, 8 am Eastern/7 am Central – one 25 minute period
Wednesdays, 10 am Eastern/9 am Central – one 25 minute period
Saturdays, 9:30 am Eastern/8:30 am Central – two 25 minute periods
Intro to Secular Meditation: Thursdays, 11 am Eastern/10 am Central
– one 15 minute period
Wednesday, July 1 Graham
Thursday, July 2
Saturday, July 4
Tuesday, July 7
Wednesday, July 8 Graham
Thursday, July 9
Saturday, July 11
Tuesday, July 14
Wednesday, July 15 Graham
Thursday, July 16
Saturday, July 18
Tuesday, July 21
Wednesday, July 22 Graham
Thursday, July 23
Saturday, July 25
Tuesday, July 28
Wednesday, July 29
Thursday, July 30
During your turn as host, please:
- Arrive promptly at (or before) the scheduled beginning of the meeting and greet the meditators as they arrive.
- Wait 3-5 minutes for latecomers as those attending arrive, and greet those arriving with small talk until you begin.
- By five minutes past the scheduled beginning of the sit, announce that we will begin and mark the beginning of the timed period with one bell.
- Sit silently for 25 minutes, then mark the end of the period with one bell.
- Engage those present with positive conversation and gracefully facilitate goodbyes, or if you are hosting Saturday, facilitate goodbyes and greetings for those arriving for the second sit, and repeat steps 2-5.
We will hold a practice discussion after the second sit on Saturday, July 11, for those who are interested in an informal sharing session about personal meditation practice.
This month’s book discussion will take place after the second sit on Saturday, July 25. Nat Brown will lead us in a discussion of The Patterning Instinct by Jeremy Lent. Check out the author’s website here.
return to the Secular Meditation page